Book, Author: Hero, book by Rhonda Byrne
Who is it for: For people who are looking to discover their purpose in life
Cheapest place to buy: Amazon.com
Price: $15.95 onwards
Rating: 85 out of 100
Why you are here on planet Earth
In Hero, Rhonda Byrne (of The Secret fame) takes us on a journey to discover our calling in life. The author said that every person on Earth was born with a unique ability, or a burning desire to achieve something, that is your calling. It is something that you’re passionate about, and you feel IMMENSE joy and fulfillment when you do it.
No matter how tough the circumstances of your life or how much the odds are stacked against you (or perhaps because of that), you are already fully equipped with everything you need to discover and then realize your dream.
The Hero’s Journey
Rhonda introduced us to the Hero’s Journey, which begins with finding our dream and deciding to follow it. The book moves on to what we need to do in our quest to make our dreams come true, as well as how to unlock the hero abilities inside us. It also talks about the trials and obstacles that you WILL be facing (including the final challenge that the author termed the Supreme Ordeal) and how to overcome them.
Hero is narrated by Rhonda, and throughout the book 12 of the most successful people in the world today (who has already taken their Hero’s Journey) share what they’ve experienced on their journey to success. They are:
- Liz Murray – Inspirational speaker who is notable for having been accepted by Harvard University despite being homeless in her high school years
- Peter Foyo – President of Nextel Mexico since 1998
- John Paul DeJoria – Billionaire businessman and philanthropist best known as a co-founder of the Paul Mitchell line of hair products and The Patron Spirits Company
- Anastasia Soare – Eyebrow extraordinaire and Anastasia Beverly Hills founder
- Michael Acton Smith – CEO and founder of kids entertainment company Mind Candy, the creators of global kids phenomenon Moshi Monsters
- Peter Burwash – Canadian former tennis player, current tennis coach, television commentator, motivational speaker, writer, and President of Peter Burwash International
- Mastin Kipp – Founder of the Daily Love which has become a movement of like minded people to live more inspired, heart centered, action oriented lives
- G. M. Rao – Mechanical engineer, billionaire industrialist, and the founder chairman of GMR Group, a global infrastructure developer and operator based in India
- Pete Carroll – Head coach and executive vice president of the Seattle Seahawks of the National Football League
- Laird Hamilton – Big-wave surfer, co-inventor of tow-in surfing, and an occasional fashion and action-sports model
- Layne Beachley – Former professional surfer. She won the World Championship seven times
- Paul Orfalea – Founded the copy-chain Kinko’s
It is claimed that once you complete the Hero’s Journey, a new purpose will fill your heart – to help those who are beginning their own Hero’s Journey. You’ll be compelled to share your wealth, your time, your knowledge, and your wisdom to help improve and inspire the lives of others.
Cheapest place to buy is Amazon.com
Amazon is the cheapest place that I know of to get this book. If you hear of a cheaper place do let me know so that I can share the information with other readers.
Amazon has used books which will of course be cheaper than new books. If secondhand books are not your thing though, it is only $16.44 for the Kindle, $17.82 for the hardcover, $15.95 for the audiobook download and $21.56 for the audio CD.
One of the best success books I’ve read
As a conclusion I’d say that Hero is one of the best success books out there. Reading it is an uplifting experience and could well inspire you to find and follow your dream, whatever it is. It got me started in my own business and I certainly do not regret buying it. All in all, a recommended read.
P.S. One of the things recommended by Rhonda Byrne in Hero is the visualization of your dream. Visualization will attract what you want to you faster. I’ve found that it provides me with solutions to roadblocks that pop up between me and my goal. I’ve written a piece on how we can visualize effectively here.
“Here is a test to find whether your mission on earth is finished. If you’re alive, it isn’t.”
– Richard Bach
I hope you’ve enjoyed this review (and please share if you do!), and if you have any questions or comments just leave them below and I’ll get back to you ASAP. See you around!!