A few days ago I published a post about the benefits of believing in yourself. In it I ended things by saying that we used to believe in ourselves when we were children, but lost that once we grew older. I would like to continue that discussion here with this “How to Believe in Yourself Again” post.
The difference between successful and unsuccessful people
It is said that the biggest difference between successful and unsuccessful people is not intelligence, opportunity or resources, but the belief that they can make their goals happen. These people believe that if they want better health or a more fulfilling career or more happiness that they could make those things happen.
Successful people are willing to try new things even when they are afraid that they might get it wrong. They experiment with new ideas and just trust that they will discover a way to make their ideas work.
20 Things You Must Do To Believe In Yourself
wikiHow is a high quality collection of how-to guides, and they have come up with a list of 20 things that you must do in order to believe in yourself. Of course different methods will work best with different people, but see if you can gain something from the list below:
1) Recognize your skills and the good things about yourself. Look for things that you don’t struggle with or things that people compliment you on, so that you’ll feel more comfortable doing other things as well
2) Set reasonable goals and work hard to achieve them
3) View your failures as learning opportunities
4) Try something new even when you’re afraid that you might get it wrong. There is no other way to make progress
5) Talk to someone who loves you – they can always see the best things about you
6) Take a break when you feel overwhelmed
7) Do something that you believe in
8) Stop having unrealistic expectations about how a situation will go and what other people do. You can only control your own thoughts and actions
9) Stop seeing yourself as different from other people. Everyone else makes mistakes too, and everyone else does amazing stuff sometimes
10) Stop putting yourself down
11) Do not worry about what you can’t change (the past). The only thing you should worry about is doing well in the future, so put all your energy into that
12) Don’t procrastinate, because later on you will rush and miss things
13) Don’t ignore all criticism that is given to you but also don’t carry your entire view of yourself based on the opinion of other people
14) Build your self-confidence, by following the other 19 suggestions on this list
15) Love yourself, warts and all!
16) Take good care of your body and spirit. Do not eat unhealthy food or be lazy
17) Do things that are hard
18) Help others. It brings a wonderful sense of fulfillment and you will find yourself more confident than ever (I find that this really works for me)
19) Don’t sweat your insecurities, because EVERYONE is insecure
20) Speak up when you have an opinion or know of a better way to do something
I know, some of the above are very general ideas, but hopefully you’ve managed to get some motivation or inspiration from the ideas listed above.
P.S. One of the greatest ways to believe in yourself is through the use of hypnosis. Contrary to popular misconception, hypnosis does not involve a swinging pendulum or mind control, but rather it is used in hospitals to reduce migraines, speed up recovery from surgery, reduce the intensity of pain, help overcome drug addiction, lower blood pressure, and other medical applications. It is also used by thousands (including celebrities) worldwide to improve confidence and self-esteem, let go of fears and phobias, lose weight, stop smoking, improve brainpower, and much more. Learn more here.
And… we have now come to the end of this post. Please feel free to share this with your family and friends. And as always, if you have any questions or comments just leave them below and I’ll be more than happy to get back to you!