Hey everyone, Clark here from Self Help Books. Recently I got a lot of questions from people asking me “What is the Sedona method?” Well, my answer was “It is a simple but very powerful technique for letting go of any painful or unwanted feelings that you may have.
Below I will be showing you the Sedona method steps, which I believe would help you, like it has thousands of people, RADICALLY change your life for the better. You see, your feelings define how you operate in this world. And unless you change those feelings, you are going to act the way you have always acted, and consequently you will produce results you have ALWAYS produced.
When a painful or unwanted feeling comes up, you release it. With the limiting feeling out of the way, you are free to create any result you desire.
The process of letting go of limiting emotions have been known to lead to having more money, PASSIONATE relationships, better health, dramatic shifts in self-esteem and self-confidence, release of fears and phobias, stopping bad habits and overcoming addictions, and an ability to feel a sense of inner peace that bring more joy and happiness to everyday life.
Well, Let’s Get Started, Shall We?
Almost every type of therapy has the ultimate goal of helping you let go of your unwanted feelings. From psychotherapy to tribal screaming therapy, the goal is one and the same. However, these types of therapy can be a little long-winded. Letting go of emotions directly is the easiest and quickest personal growth technique.
The Sedona method consists of a series of questions you ask yourself that lead your awareness to what you are feeling in the moment then gently guide you into the experience of letting go.
The secret you must realize is this – you are not your emotions. You experience your emotions, but they’re just “feelings” passing through. Because of that, you can actually let go of unwanted feelings ON DEMAND. You could switch off fear and anger as easily as you would a light.
Now here are the steps:
1) First, bring to the front of your mind any situation which may have an emotional charge for you right now. A particular person, a frustrating situation, a mini-addiction. Think of the situation, and connect with the emotion you would like to release.
2) Ask yourself “Could I let this go?” (Answer yes/no out loud, honestly)
3) Move on to ask “Would I let this go?” (Again, yes/no)
4) And then “When?” (Now/Later)
5) Feel yourself unclench the emotion. Allow the tension to be released, and the emotion to roll away. You may wish to breathe out while doing this. Really feel it release.
6) Check to see how the situation feels. If there is still some emotional charge, go back to step one and loop again. You’ll find that some issues are layered like onions and are to be released over multiple passes. Or if you feel stuck in the actual process itself, let go of “wanting to feel stuck” and start again – or rest for a while.
If you answer “No” during the process or don’t feel yourself able to let go, don’t worry about that either. Just move on. Every step, no matter how redundant it may seem, helps take you closer to emotional freedom.
Usually, we’re holding tightly onto our emotions without even realizing it. Imagine holding onto a small ball, with a really firm grip. So firm in fact, that it’s actually hurting you to hold it. But you keep on squeezing it tight. You don’t realize that you can simply let go of the grip – and let the ball fall away…
Now try it out for yourself. Ask “Could I let this go?” with all of your negative emotions. And you may as well do it now.
That would be all from me today. If you have enjoyed or found this article useful please share it with others, and should you have any questions or comments in regards to the Sedona method just let me know in the comment box below and I WILL get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks so much for reading!
Read next: How to be HAPPIER in life